Chris Chukwuneke had two TD’s and a critical stop on a goal line stand to preserve a Saint John Vianney 23-20 win at Middletown South. The Lancers 8th win of 2016 starts off our highlights show which features six other great games
Thanks for making Shore Sports Zone part of your weekend football watching! Our great team bundled up and brought you seven games of high definition highlights. Click below to watch another great show:
- Saint John Vianney was one yard away from its first regular season loss since Thanksgiving of 2013, but a tremendous effort by the Lancers defense delivered a 23-20 win at Middletown South. We’ve got all the highlights and post-game reaction
- A shootout in Long Branch as Middletown North’s Austin Dewise scores the game winner in the 4th quarter in a 38-34 thriller.
- Red Bank Catholic welcomed back quarterback Steve Lubischer to the lineup as he threw three TD passes in the Caseys 35-0 home win against Red Bank Regional
- Ocean handed Point Pleasant Boro its first loss of the year as the Spartans busted open a 13-7 halftime lead with 28 second half points in a 41-7 road win
- Central Regional’s Mike Bickford topped 5,000 career yards and became the Golden Eagles all-time leading rusher in a 21-7 home win against Brick Township.
- Toms River North rolled to 8-0 with a 55-13 home win against Toms River South
- Mike Gawlik had 318 yards on the ground as Jackson Memorial got a key out of conference win against Old Bridge 27-13
|Week 8 Friday Scores|
|Saint John Vianney||23|
|Red Bank Regional||0|
|Red Bank Catholic||35||FINAL|
|Point Pleasant Boro||7||FINAL|
|Toms River South||13|
|Toms River North||55||FINAL|
|Point Pleasant Beach||31||FINAL|
|Week 8 Saturday Scores|
|Mater Dei Prep||41||FINAL|
|Toms River East||21||FINAL|
More Highlights Coming on Saturday
Our Saturday Highlights Show will feature five more games to close out Week Seven. We’ll post that show later on Saturday evening and keep live scoring updates all afternoon.
Monmouth Building Center Game Balls Voting Begins on Sunday
The top play nominees are already filling up! On Sunday morning, we’ll have the Top Play of Week One captured by our cameras as well as Top Performers. Check back in and vote coming up this Sunday starting at 9:00 a.m.
Why Weren’t We at Your Game?
Shore Sports Zone is entirely supported by local sponsorships. Our first priority is shooting games that our sponsors support. If every school had one sponsor, we can buy more cameras, hire more shooters and bring you more highlights and features in ALL sports all year long! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a local business that might be interested in sponsoring your hometown team. We are working on getting sponsors for Brick, Toms River and others every single day.