Playoff hockey does not disappoint! Southern Regional gets a 4-3 win over Hunterdon Central in the second round of the Public “A” hockey playoffs. Watch all the highlights and post-game reaction from Winding River Rink in Toms River
Southern Regional 4 Hunterdon Central 3 (OT)
Matt Scalvino’s skate deflected a shot from the point 4:14 into overtime to give the Rams a 4-3 overtime win over Hunterdon Central and a spot in the Public “A” quarterfinals. Southern built a 3-1 lead on a Hunter Bello goal and a pair of Nick Godfrey scores, but Hunterdon Central scored a pair of goals a minute apart to force overtime. Southern will face the winner of Manalapan and Randolph on Monday.
Conrad wins Avon Pond Game Puck
Southern Regional’s Jack Conrad scored the game winning goal in the Dowd Cup final against Middletown South and earned an Avon Pond Game Puck for his efforts. We presented Jack his Avon Pond Game Puck prior to the Rams overtime win against Hunterdon Central.
Avon Pond is our sponsor of our Game Puck. Congratulations to John O’Malley who was recognized by the New York Rangers for his dedication to youth hockey on the Jersey Shore with the Emile Francis Award. O’Malley is the catalyst for the Avon Pond and so many great sponsorships for Shore Conference Hockey including the Avon Pond Game Puck. Congratulations John!
Seven Shore teams alive in state playoffs
(9) Morris Knolls at (8) Jackson Memorial – Thursday 3:00 pm
(12) Watchung Hills at (5) Howell – Friday 6:00 pm
(7) Southern Regional 4 (10) Hunterdon Central 3 (OT)
(17) Summit at (1) Middletown North – Thursday 4:30 pm
(23) Wall at (7) Chatham – Thursday 8:30 pm
(16) RBC at (1) Delbarton – Thursday 4:00 pm
(14) Seton Hall Prep at (3) CBA – Friday 7:45 pm